A diet plan proven to relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive disorders—presented by the world’s leading experts and tailored to you
“A must-have survival guide” —Gerard E. Mullin, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of Integrative GI Nutrition Services at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
“What can I do to feel better?” For years, millions of adults who suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) have asked this question, often to be met with scientifically unfounded or inadequate advice.
The low-FODMAP diet is the long-awaited answer. In clinical trials, over three quarters of people with chronic digestive symptoms gain significant relief by reducing their intake of FODMAPs—difficult-to-digest carbs found in foods such as wheat, milk, beans, soy, and certain fruits, vegetables, nuts, and sweeteners.
In The Complete Low-FODMAP Diet, Sue Shepherd and Peter Gibson explain what causes digestive distress, how the low-FODMAP diet helps, and how to:
• Identify and avoid foods high in FODMAPs
• Develop a personalized and sustainable low-FODMAP diet
• Shop, menu plan, entertain, travel, and eat out with peace of mind
• Follow the program if you have IBS, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or diabetes, and if you eat a vegetarian, vegan, low-fat, or dairy-free diet.
And, with 80 delicious low-FODMAP, gluten-free recipes, you can manage your symptoms, feel great, and eat well—for life.
- The Complete Low FODMAP Diet A Revolutionary Plan for Managing IBS and Other Digestive Disorders